2016년 11월 28일 월요일

Review of Regen Korean Plastic Surgery, Korea's best plastic surgery hospital. part 2 operation day

Seoul Full of Anticipation! Facial Contouring with Regen Plastic Surgery (Op Day and 14 days of Post-op )

Operation Day: Hey Seoul Sisters! I’m a little nervous but so full of anticipation because I’m having my zygoma reduction, Vline and full face fat transfer operations in the morning. Do read my previous blog on “Seoul Daring! Consultation Day” to know more on why I choose Regen and my splendid first encounter with Regen and Dr Oh.
Autumn in Korea is really nice and cooling. I’m enjoying the weather as I saunter from my hotel to Regen, which is a mere 5-minute walk.  My consultant, Lee Jieun smiles brightly when she sees me and patiently explains the risks of surgeries before I sign the forms. Then I get to see Dr Oh, the star surgeon of Regen, again before the surgery!
img_1802
Dr Oh with my details on his computer and examining my face.
img_1812
Dr Oh making markings on my face for fats transfer. 
img_1814
Looking a little comical right now with all the markings on my face. Ha!
img_1815
Dr Oh looking at the CT scans meticulously and making final plans for the impending facial contouring surgeries. 
img_1818
Hooking me up to the drip. Nah, it’s not painful except the brief moment when the needle is inserted into the vein. 
img_1819
Following the nurse to the surgery room. Super scared. 
img_1821
A glimpse of the operations room. There I am, faced down and going under the general anesthesia… and I lost all consciousness. 
Five hours later, I’m being woken up from the general anesthetic (GA) and wheeled back into Regen’s recovery wards on the 13th floor. Each patient has a personal recuperation ward fully equipped with medical equipment, automatic reclining bed and buzzer, and complete with TV and cabinets.
image1-3
Being wheeled back to Regen’s recuperation ward in a semi-conscious state. 
I’m totally disoriented. It’s like waking up to a serious hangover and bad sore throat. I’m also shivering uncontrollably. It takes an immense effort and concentration to shake off the chills, take deep breaths and try to stay awake for the next four hours. There isn’t any sharp pain but I can feel the pressure on the operation sites. My voice is also hoarse and raspy because of the intubation for GA.
image1-2
I have no idea how I managed to do the peace sign. I’m still holding onto the buzzer like my life depends on it, LOL! In fact, I don’t remember having this picture taken at all. Ha!
img_1705
Selfie! I’ve tubes in my mouth to channel the blood into the small container that’s clipped onto my gown. There’s ice pack inside the towel to bring down the swelling. 
Later that night, I’m running a fever. I’m really grateful for the nurses who check on me regularly, take my blood pressure and temperature, and change my ice packs every 3 hours right through the night until the next morning. The post-operative care in Regen is superb!

Post-op Day 1: After spending a night at Regen, I’ve recollected myself and I’m strong enough to walk back to the hotel by noon. Dr Oh comes by to check on me before I leave. I’m given ice packs and prescribed with antibiotics for the next 7 days, solution to gargle 5-10 times daily, and headband to wear for at least 2 weeks. I’m coughing and losing my voice because of the intubation, running a fever again at night, but I’m totally mobile.
img_1713
Swollen like a watermelon! There’s an eye bag under my left eye (right in pic). Checked with Dr Oh and he said that it’s probably just swelling. Fingers crossed!

Post-op Day 2: I’m still very swollen, couldn’t mutter a word and running a fever at night again. I’m on full liquid diet for now. Time to lose some weight!
img_1715
Still very swollen. Patience is my friend and time is the essence for recovery. 
img_1719
My stash of liquid food. Not much, but they’ll keep me going for a few days before I go foraging! 

Post-op Day 3: My sore throat is getting much better and the fever is gone too. Hooray! But the coughing and swelling persist. I’m back at Regen to remove the bandages and salmon-coloured tapes on my face and at the back of my thigh (injection sites for fats extraction). I can finally bathe and clean my face with wet towels! I still can’t wash my hair though because of the staples at the sides of my head. Well, I’ll have to keep that unkempt look for yet another 4 more days.
img_1780
The nurse removing the tapes from my face. She’s very sweet and gives me tips on post-op care. 
img_1790The nurse cleaning the stitches in my mouth. She’s very gentle and it doesn’t hurt at all. 
img_1723
That’s how I look on Day 4. Look at that V jawline! There’s still a lot of asymmetry because of the swelling. Please don’t say anything about my eyebrows. I was lasering the embroidery off because of a botched job in SG. That’ll be covered in another blog post soon! 

Post-op Day 4 – 6: I cough out a little blood! This coughing fit is making me very worried that I may just pop a screw or something. Nothing much is going on these few days until next week where I plan to go sight-seeing! Well, I do run some errands here and there. The pharmacy at Regen’s B1 sells pumpkin, sweet potato and red bean puree. They come in this white squeezable packet that’re extremely easy to eat!image1-5
All geared up for errands. Cap for the wiry hair, mask to cover my face, and tights to cover the bruises on my thighs where the fats are harvested. My spoils include a very cute kid’s toothbrush and more food – pumpkin, sweet potato and red bean puree, porridge, and jelly!
image2-1
Typical sight when turning into the side roads. Rows of restaurants, convenience stores, and bars flanking the streets. The weather is wet and cloudy these couple of days, which gives this picture a melancholic gray hue. 
image1-9
My facial contour is starting to look better on Day 6! Some of the bruises have faded into a yellowish-greenish hue. The fats have plumped up the hollows below my brows very nicely. But they’re still pretty much unsettled across other parts of my face. 

Post-op Day 7 – 9: I’m back at Regen to remove staples at the sides of my head on Day 7. Finally, I can wash my hair and the days of looking like a “xiao zha bor” (crazy woman) is over! I also have my CT scans taken and Dr Oh pops in to check on me. He says that the Vline is quite apparent now, but there’s still swelling from the zygoma. He is pressing rather hard at both sides of my zygoma and I can feel it shifting underneath my skin. It’s quite scary! The nurse also instructs me not to open my mouth too big. Opps! Note to self that I’ve to be more dainty when I eat.
img_1888
It’s pure bliss washing my hair on Day 8 – a simple pleasure that I’ve taken for granted everyday. Washing hair at Juno is so posh but expensive too. It costs S$37! Next day, I found some small salons along the side streets near my hotel and it only costs me S$12! 
img_1891
Trying to see if I have the potential to still act cute… ok, forget it.  I’ll wait until the swelling goes down. LOL!
image1-10
I don’t see much changes in terms of swelling these 3 days. Hopefully, it can subside quickly and I can look more natural by the end of second week, Day 14. 

 Post-op Day 10 – 12: Enough of lying around in the hotel’s bed and being a TV junkie for the past 1.5 weeks! It’s time to explore this metropolitan city. Seoul is truly the heartbeat of Korea with an amazing night life, a melting pot of people from all over the world who come to work and visit, and the skyscrapers juxtaposing the majestic palaces of a bygone era.
Seoul subway looks really intimidating at first but once I’ve got the hang of it, it’s not that complicated. I’ve downloaded this super cool Seoul Metro Subway map that displays the entire subway system and tells me where to transfer to another line to get to my destinations. Seoul subway is pretty efficient and it usually takes only 30-40 mins to get from my hotel to major attractions like Myeong-dong Shopping Street, Namsam Park, Namdaemun Market and Gyeongbokgung Palace.
img_1906
Striking a pose at the entrance of Gyeongbokgung.
img_1939
It coincides with Korea’s National Foundation Day when I’m there! There’re many locals dressed up in Hanbok and taking pictures. 
img_1923
Taking a break and sipping Ginseng tea – the traditional way! 
img_1927
Picturesque tranquil pond in the middle of the palace! 
img_1914
Leaning against the rock wall and wondering what it’s like for these royals living behind this fortress.
img_1961
Feeling “high” from the altitude at the Namsam Tower!
img_1964
The whole of Seoul is beneath my feet! 
img_1968
Beacon Tower at the Namsam Tower! 
img_1974
Feeling I’m on top of the world, taking in the breathtaking view of the entire City! 
img_1982
The Cheonggyecheon steam – a perfect haven right beneath the concrete jungle! Just the place for people to relax after a hard day’s work or just go dating! 
All this walking is good for blood circulation! I can see the swelling has gone down quite a lot around my zygoma. I’m definitely still swollen though and I can feel tenderness on my forehead, around my eyes, mouth and jaw. I can still see the eye bag under my left eye, and my lips and chin are still numb.
fullsizerender

Day 13- 14: I’ve booked a tour to the Nami Island and Petite France where numerous Korean dramas like “Winter Sonata” and “My Love from the Star” are filmed! I absolutely love both places, they are so romantic!
img_1999
The iconic rows of trees at the Nami Island! I’m a little too early for Autumn so the leaves are still green. 
img_1997
Nami Island is so romantic. There are hearts almost everywhere! 
img_2025
Look what I’ve found on Nami Island! Haha, suddenly feel so close to home. 
img_2053
Petite France is so beautiful. I’m in a wonderland that is cut-off from the rest of the world! 
img_2043
The whole place is so quaint with all the pastel colours, antiques, puppets, murals.
Two weeks have passed really quickly and I’m making good progress on my recovery. The first 7 days of recovery are the hardest mainly because of my fever for the first 3 nights, swelling peaking at Day 4, coughing and losing my voice for about a week, and other inconveniences like keeping the incisions dry and not being able to wash my hair. There isn’t any pain per se but I can feel the nagging pressure and numbness around my jaw. After a week, things really get much easier.
I’m on a strict liquid diet for only the first 10 days but I regain my appetite rather quickly and begin eating soft food like sponge cake, chawanmushi, porridge, fish and even oden! I’ve been walking around, a lot, as you can see from my pictures. Going to all the attractions and places like Hongdae and Itaewon really lift my spirits up and help me to stay positive, not to mention walking is beneficial for a faster recovery.
Before I know it, I’m back at Regen on Day 14 to remove the stitches in my mouth and to see Dr Oh for the last time before I fly home!
image1
The nurse carefully removing the stitches in my mouth. It stings a little here and there but the pain is still bearable. 
image2
Dr Oh examining my face for the last time before I fly back home. I’m telling him that I have a sore sensation when I touch the nerve under by right Jaw but he assures me that it will resolve in a few months’ time. 
img_2086
Finally, the Before and After! My facial contour is much smoother and I look years younger!
image3
Thank you Regen and Dr. Oh for being so wonderful and taking such good care of me! Bad choice for me to smile because my face is still swelling. Ha!
I do feel worried at times because of the swelling that’s causing my face to be asymmetrical, the eyebag under my left eye, the muscle weakness in my mouth that’s affecting my smile, and the numbness or “pins and needles” in my chin. I’m very grateful for Dr Oh’s and Ji Eun’s patience in addressing my incessant questions and reassuring me that what I’m experiencing are normal. I can also go back in 3-6 months’ time for a check-up if I want to. Thumbs up for Regen’s superb post-op support!
img_2103
Selfie 14 Days Post-op! No edit, no filter, no “top-down” angle shot. 
img_2100
It’s my dimple ok, not a dent on my face. LOL! 
Keep a lookout for more blogs tracking my progress for post-op 1 month, 3 months and 6 months! If you haven’t, do read my previous blog on “Seoul Daring! Consultation Day“.
 
 
 
 

Email enquiry: infoglobal@regengroup.co.kr
Telephone(eng): +82 70 4882 5421 / +82 70 4882 5411
Kakao ID : RegenGlobal
Line    ID : regenglobal
Wechat ID: Regen_Global
WhatsApp: +82 10-4345-8766

If you want to know more about the procedure, visit:

To know more about the global REGEN,

Sigapore famous Power Blogger, Bon Qiu Qiu

Thailand Patient
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_LpRPtTtmZezVSUX1o6_Mw/videos

Singapore Patient
http://ow.ly/mT1y305EWha
http://ow.ly/MgYH305cVcI

Chinese Patient
http://regen.co.kr/nfront/media/tv_list.asp?board_cd=BOARD_TV_00000000001&search_text_cd=201608291408020001WD&now_page=1

American CBS NEWS
http://en.regenglobal.net/nfront/media/tv_list.asp?board_cd=BD_EN_TV_00000000001

#regen #koreanplasticsurgery #plasticsurgery #cosmeticsurgery #rhinoplasty #doubleeyelid #regenmedicalgroup #breastaugmentation #fatgrafting #vline #plasticsurgeon #facialcontouring #letmein #letmeinregen #nosejob #breastsurgery #breast #augmentation #antiaging

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기